Saturday 12 January 2013

Happy New Year!

oooooh long time no blog eh? 
I hope you all had a lovely Christmas, and I hope 2013 will be a great year for you all.
So this is my first post of the new year, the first of many I hope, because I'm going to try to get more cards and blogging done this year.

The following card uses a policeman decoupage image which was left behind after a previous card make a few years ago, I glued it to some cardstock before cutting it out so that the image would be sturdier than decoupage paper as I wanted to use foam pads to raise it from the base card a little.
The checkerboard design is from Tiddly Inks, I printed it straight onto the card blank. The little handcuffs charm in the top corner was put there because I loosely followed last weeks sketch from Sketch Saturday.

challenges:
cards for men - men at work
Tiddly Inks challenge - anything goes
Simon Says Stamp challenges - black & white and a splash of colour


This card uses 'Beer Bear' from Di's Digi Downloads, coloured with promarkers.

challenges:
Totally Gorjuss - spotty



I love 'Tulips' from The Stamping Boutique, it's such a joy to colour (in my case, my trusty promarkers), it is a little fiddly to cut out for layering but the end result is so worth it imo.
The name was cut using 'By The Letters' dies by Die-namics.
The sentiment is a combination of 2 clear stamps from my stash.

challenges:
lexi's creations - anything goes
MMCS blog - anything goes
MAWTT - floral delights



This little cutie is by LOTV and is called 'Me & My Cat', again coloured with promarkers then cut and layered with foam pads to stand out.
I used the same Die-namics dies for 'mommy'
(note to self: save up to buy uppercase and numbers too)
challenges:
charisma cardz - happy birthday!
Stampin for the Weekend - anything goes


This is my final card (for now), using a cuthbert image from Pollycraft from a while back. The number was handcut and glittered.

challenges:
TPE181 - celebrate
Pennys Challenge 109 - anything goes



I hope you like them, and I hope to be back real soon! 
Jo xx

24 comments:

  1. Superb card following the sketch! Love the cute image too thanks for playing at Here Come The Boys! Woo xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo. I love the tulips on your card. Pretty design and gorgeous colours. Thanks for sharing at Lexi's Creations.
    Love Sandra xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. All great cards. Especially like the policeman card. So hard to do cards for men. I have a male birthday to do and panicking just thinking about it. Happy New Year to you. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, male cards are harder to do than female ones, If I get stuck for ideas, I take a look at challenge blogs especially for men and scroll through a few pages to see if something catches my eye I can take a lead from.
      Happy New Year to you & The Doc too, lots of love xx

      Delete
  4. Love all the cards but especially love the polieman card if only for those tiny handcuffs that made me smile! Thanks for playing along with us at CFM. Good luck! x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Viv, I actually bought those handcuffs a couple of years ago and never got around to using them until now :) xx

      Delete
  5. Cute cards!! I like how you used that Tiddly Inks background! Thanks for joining us at Tiddly Inks!!
    Hugs,
    Leah

    ReplyDelete
  6. they are all gorgeous and what a super way to include a bit of tiddly inking in your project with the paper! Love it!!
    Thank you so much for sharing it with us over on the Tiddly Inks challenge blog
    Hugs Lou xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks :) The background was perfect for my police themed card eh? :) XX

      Delete
  7. Beautiful cards.Thanks for sharing with us at CBN.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. adorable creations! thanks for joining the fun at The Pink Elephant!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have been busy ! I love your girly entry into our SFTW challenge this week esp' the gorg' DP x
    Thanks for playing along with us at SFTW and good luck x
    ((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. oooooh your card for Lexi's Creations is just so pretty and sweet! Love the watering can filled with tulips and the amazing die cut edge behind it. Wow... thanks for joining us for our anything goes challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a creativity !

    Charisma Cardz :

    What an adorable card ! Simple and clean as I like ! Bravo ! It's very successsful !

    Thank you for having answered our invitation for the fourth birthday of Charisma Cardz this week !

    Hugs from France.
    Catherine.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Beautiful bunch of tulips, and isnt is great to be able to personalise a card. The fonts are fantastic.

    Thank you fo joining us at Crafty Bloggers Network this month.
    Claire x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Claire, the card could have been made for you too eh? :)

      Delete
  13. Wonderful cards. I especially like the tulips! Thank you for playing along with the Black and White with a Splash of Colour Challenge over on the Simon Says Stamp Challenge Blog this week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Such a cute card, love your colours. Thanks for playing at HERE COME THE BOYS.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love them all - that little bear is so sweet.

    Thanks for joining us at Penny's.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Oh wow how fabulous is that digi of the tulips in the watering can, oh I do look forward to spring time! Thanks for playing along at MAWTT this week and sharing such a wonderful card.

    Hugs, Kelly x

    ReplyDelete
  17. WOW!!! All the cards are nice but just love your masculine card. Thanks so much for joining us at Card for men. We love seeing your creation. Good luck on the challenge.
    Hugs, Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  18. All your cards are just the sweetest!!! Thanks for participating in our PENNY'S PAPER-CRAFTY challenge!!

    ~DEANNE~

    ReplyDelete
  19. Sweet card, love your layers and sweet colour combo, thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz, hugs, Sarah x

    ReplyDelete
  20. So many cute cards! Thanks for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week! :)

    ReplyDelete