Monday 11 February 2013

SNOW, go away now!!

We've got more snow here :(
We don't want anymore thank you, we're looking forward to spring arriving and the white stuff just spoils it.
 The only good thing about having snow, is that it makes you want to shut yourself away in a warm room surrounded by craft stash and a mug of something hot (and maybe a couple or six of mcvities double chocolate digestives - mmmmmmm! )

The following card was made for the challenge and using the sketch from Seize the Birthday, who want us to make a feminine birthday card this week...


The cute image is a prize from Crafty Sentiments and is called Tess Summer Fun. It has a floral background to it and although very pretty, I decided to use just Tess alone for this card, this is the reason I requested this particular image because you can use her with or without the background and also with long hair or even give her a haircut and she has a short bob hair style. I like to get images that can be used in more ways than one.
I used some lovely floral paper that was free with a craft mag and is called 'sew pretty'
The diamond patterned paper is by Nitwits.
I also used gold mirror card, xcut scalloped circle die, sentiment from SU fun and fast notes stamp set.

As well as the Seize the Birthday challenge, I'd also like to enter this card at:
Crafty Sentiments Designs challenge blog - anything goes

****************************

This next card is a stepper card (love this style of card).



I have used the adorable 'Cat with flower' digi image from Motivet and coloured with promarkers, lots of blending in this one with different shades of browns to get the effect I wanted. I used caramel, tan, cocoa and umber.
The patterned paper is from an old pad I had when I had a cricut machine and is called 'tags, bags, boxes and more'.
Just for you sentiment is from my SU 'Oval All' stamp set, and the flowers were punched using my SU boho blossoms punch. The leaves are from a woodware punch.

I'd like to enter this card at:
The Paper Shelter - card with many folds
Papertake Weekly - anything goes

Thanks for stopping by, if you have to go out today, wrap up warm and don't forget your wellies xx

9 comments:

  1. BOTH of these are so very cute and just adorable. Love the DP you used on that first card and the little kitty on the second.
    Thanks for joining us at Seize the Birthday.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both wonderful creations. Love how you have colored Tess and the leave die cuts are very lovely. I love the fold of the cat card! Thanks so much for joining our Crafty Sentiments challenge this week and using a CS image.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, superb cards, you have made such a pretty card with my sketch! Thank you for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh love what you've done with Tess, she looks fab, thanks for joining us at Crafty Sentiments this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both of your cards are great. Love the colors you used. Thanks for joining us this week at Seize the Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such wonderful looking card. It's really lovely. Thanks for playing with us over at the Paper Shelter "Alter or fold" challenge.
    Love n hugs
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, Jo, both these cards are soooo cute!! I love the cat extra folds card, goes perfectly in our challenge over at The Paper Shelter! I would love to use this as inspiration on one of my cards, I love the crisp white punched border on lovely vibrant colours like that, it's very striking! Thanks for joining in at The Paper Shelter this week, XOX Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lucy, i'm flattered that my card has inspired you, looking forward to seeing your card :) xx

      Delete
  8. How did you manage to make two gorgeous cards without getting (6!!!!!) chocklit biscuits marks all over them? Love the cat one to bits. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete