Friday 15 March 2013

Just had to buy...

A few days ago I came across this card on Viv's blog and instantly fell in love, not only with the image
( I already own the stamp set, it's called summer by the sea by Stampin Up) but also the stunning way the image was framed.
So an impromptu purchase was made as soon as I found out the die's name (Thanks Viv).
If you are also wondering what the die set is called, it's Leane 005 Frame Curve by Lea'bilities and this is the largest in the set...





The image is called 'Blossoms' and is from Beccy's Place. I printed it out 3 times, coloured it using promarkers and cut out and layered it up. Finishing with a couple of ivory flatback pearls to the 2 largest flowers.
The sentiment was computer generated and punched out using SU's word window punch.
The beautiful green floral backing paper was sitting in my drawer shouting to be used, I cannot for the life of me remember where I got it from, but there's a good chance it's a craft mag freebie, if anyone knows, please let me know, thanks, I have a few more sheets of it and would like to know who it's by incase I need to buy more.

UPDATE: Thanks to Faye, I now know that the paper is by Fancy Pants, from the Beach Babe collection, this sheet is called 'sand dollar'... Thank you Faye! xx

The cream coloured spotty paper beneath the image and inside the card is from my Kanban Male Backgrounds CD, I altered the colour to one of the designs to get this pale shade before printing it out.

I'm loving this card! I shall give it to my friend next month for her birthday, we've known each other for 36yrs this year, we lived in the same street as kids, then years later we both moved back into the estate, and she is my neighbour once again, with us both living in the street next to the one where we grew up in.

I'd like to enter this card at:
Beccy's Place - march challenge
Scrappy Frogs - green
The Pink Elephant - green
Papertake Weekly - 1,2,3 (1 sentiment, 2 pearls, 3 layers of flowers)
Cute Card Thursday - anything goes (Happy Birthday CCT)
Wags n Whiskers - go green
ABC challenge - J for just as you like (anything goes)


update 20.03.13 - Thank you Ella & the DT xx


9 comments:

  1. Love your card especially the colours. Thanks for the link to the image. Life really is a small place. Hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous Jo, I love the dimension :o)
    Hugs
    Tracey
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with this weeks "Use the color GREEN" challenge over at at The Pink Elephant!
    Sheri-TPE DT

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautiful - the die cut is gorgeous and the flowers are stunning.
    Thanks for playing along with us at PTW this week.
    Good luck.
    Debs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. the dimension and the colouring of the flowers are great. Thanks for joing us at the scrappy frog challange. Hope to see you again.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a delicate and beautiful card! I'm glad you were able to find and use this set. Thanks for sharing. Jearise from Scrappy Frog Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, flowers are goergeous. Thanks for joining us at ABC for our challenge
    hugs Louise

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing! Love the pretty image and your choice of colors is just beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing at ABC!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your card Jo, it's gorgeous! Well done on colouring the image and cutting it out so well... I love how you have layered it several times to give it more depth. Well done!
    Cheers,
    Beccy

    ReplyDelete