Thursday 16 May 2013

Kraft, Red and White

It's Thursday, so that means that there's something going on over at Little Miss Muffet. This week we have a new challenge for you, a colour challenge, kraft, red & white. Now you can colour on to kraft if you'd like to, or you can do as I did and colour on white, but use the 3 colours in your design. Simples!
I kept my layout simples too, just layers of punched cardstock and paper across a stamped background, because I wanted my image to be the star of this show! (plus I have room at the bottom if I want to add a name before sending out).
He is of course Letter Chester, available in rubber from Little Miss Muffet Stamps.


Oooooh I love Chester! He's so adorable isn't he?
I've used my promarkers to colour him, added a stamped greeting to his envelope, then gave him a fur trim with a glue pen and some white flock.
The snowflake stamps used on the base card are both from a set called Enchanted Christmas from HOTP. I used white craft ink from SU, then gently used my heat gun to dry the ink. Next time I stamp snowflakes onto kraft though, I think i'll use white embossing powder so those snowflakes would pop out more.
The spotty paper is also by HOTP (forever christmas).
The 2 punches used are, SU's eyelet border, and Xcut's diamond.

Here's a close up showing the white flocked fur trim...



Awwww, look how cute he is.
Have I told you how much I love Chester? ;)

I'd like to enter this card at:
Sweet Stampin - clean and simple
Incy Wincy - animal antics
I love Promakers - simply does it
Crafty Creations - KISS
The Paper Shelter - anything goes




15 comments:

  1. You are right, he is a cute image. Lovely card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really glad someone did a Christmas card with this colour combo, as it's perfect for it, as your cayoot card demonstrates. Love the snowflake details. X

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Jo... hes' so cute... I love his green eyes!!! Your stamped snowflake background is great too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is so cute, Jo! Great design and use of the colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love Chester and this is just gorgeous Jo, hugs, kaernx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous card, love Red and Kraft togather. Thank you for joining us this week at Sweet Stampin', good luck. Debbiex

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet card, love the colour combo.

    Thank you for joining us at Sweet Stampin' this week.

    Pam x

    ReplyDelete
  8. An adorable card, love the white stamping on the Kraft! Thank you so much for joining us at The Paper Shelter for our Anything Goes Challenge. I do hope you will join in our next challenge we would love to see some more of your work! Good luck, Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. He is adorable with the soft white! All around cuteness :>)

    ReplyDelete
  10. He always makes me smile! I love this little guy, great card hun! Thanks for joining us at The paper shelter too. Joey xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Stunning card Jo, love this sweet little Chester image and your fab CAS design. Your colouring is pretty neat too :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is FAB Jo!
    Hugs,
    Cazza
    x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww this is so cute, I love the image and gorgeous colours. Thank you for joining us at I ♥ Promarkers this week and good luck xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. Very cute card. I love it.
    Nathalie

    ReplyDelete
  15. Super cutie Chester. Love him. Hugs Mrs a.

    ReplyDelete