Monday 20 October 2014

Kitten Surprise

Well it's been 8 days since my last post, which means my beautiful baby grandson is 8 days old today. Thank you all so much for your comments, our little man is perfectly content, he's feeding really well, and settles afterwards quickly too. My daughter is feeling fantastic, being a mommy suits her and it shows when you see the love in her eyes and the glow on her face when she holds her baby son. I'm so proud!

Monday means that it's time for another I {heart}sketches challenge with From The Heart Stamps.
This time we are letting you choose which sketch that you'd like to use. You can choose any sketch from #001 to #083
Make sure you show us which sketch you have used, you can find them all by clicking HERE.

Faith has given us an inspirational photo to play with...


and I chose sketch #026, although I have turned it 90 degrees and added a sentiment beneath the image...


Here's my card...


I've used this adorable new image called Kitten Surprise, it's perfect for your christmas cards, birthday cards, or for anyone you know who adores kitties :)
You get SIX bonus sentiments with this cute image too!  I've used one of them here :)

I coloured the image with promarkers, adding a bit of detail to the spots on the gift box with a gel pen so that it would go with my paper choice slightly more, which is from Dovecraft's Merry Magic paper pad.
Behind the image, I thought i'd take the inspiration from the photo and attempt a watercolour wash background using 2 of the colours shown. I actually used 2 colours by Stampin Up; Yoyo Yellow & Pink Passion. They are from the old Bold Brights collection, but I don't know if they are available anymore since they changed the colour groups.
I've added some shiny, cerise mirror paper and some blue flat-back gems to give it a bit of sparkle.

Quite bright, modern colours for a christmas card, don't you think?

I'd like to enter this card at:
Sister Act Card Challenge - anything goes 
Fantastic Tuesday - anything goes with a twist (add some yellow)
ABC challenge - V is for Vibrant
Crafty Little Fairies - Only one DP
A Random Fan - anything goes
Oldie But A Goodie - christmas (my patterned paper is over a year old, and my watercolour card is about 6 or 7 years old!)

As always, join in the challenge, and EVERYONE who plays will receive a $1 discount code for the store, and if you are the challenge winner, you will receive a $5 discount code to the store! :)
Remember though, you must use an image by From The Heart Stamps to be eligible, and please include a pic of the sketch that you use in your blog post too.

Thank you for stopping by today, I do hope you'll join in this week :)

UPDATE: woohoooo!! thank you xx
A Random Fan

5 comments:

  1. Love your cute card! The bright pink and yellow look fabulous! Thank you for joining us at ABC Challenge! Good luck and be sure and play with us again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a cute card, Jo...I love the bright colours, and your artwork looks great!

    Thank you for entering our challenge at Crafty Little Fairies, and good luck in the draw. We would also love you to join us again in future challenges.

    Hugs,
    Jennifer. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, squeeeee! This is adorable. Love the background. And I love hearing your happy news x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waw what a pretty creation! Thank you for joining us at ABC Challenge. Hugs! Mojca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet image and a fab card Jo!

    ReplyDelete