Thursday 30 October 2014

My Batty Hero

My grandson loves Batman. Well, actually he LOVES Mike The Knight, but Batman is a very close second.
So I just had to make him a Batman themed card when I found this perfect image; My Batty Hero by Tiddly Inks...


I've coloured him using promarkers, and kept to an all black & grey batman, because apparently he is better than a blue batman, haha!
The yellow starry paper is from Doodlebug, Hip Hip Hooray paper pad. I added some extra punched stars from silver mirror card, and a number 4 cut with my Die-namics By The Number dies.
'Grandson' was also cut using Die-namics dies (By The Letter)
I lightly sponged in a sky in the background on the card base so that it would show through the oval aperture I cut from the top layer. Then I die cut the cityscape die from Clearly Besotted Stamps 3 times from different coloured card and trimmed off the tops on 2 of them to make them look a little different. I then stuck yellow card stock to the back of the 'windows' so that it would look like the lights were on. I layered and glued these down on top of the sponged sky, then added my top layer with the starry paper.
Hope he likes it!

I'd like to enter this card at:
Penny's Paper Crafty - anything goes
Simon Says Stamp - anything goes
The Pink Elephant - anything goes
Sister Act Card Challenge - anything goes 

oooh, all anything goes challenges!
Thanks for stopping by :) xx

4 comments:

  1. Oh how fun, Jo! He will adore this! Love the colors you chose so much! Thanks for joining us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely creation. Thanks for sharing with us at Penny's Paper-Crafty Challenges.
    Mags
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous project!

    Thanks for joining us at Penny's Paper Crafty I hope we see you again soon!

    Hugz

    Laurian

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brilliant card Jo, perfectly matched colour scheme for the theme and I love the lettering across the top and the city scene behind your batty hero...perfect card for a 4 year old :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete