Friday 5 February 2016

Project 100 Snowmen Hop

Welcome to my stop on this month's From the Heart Stamps blog hop.


We have a Project 100 Snowmen theme this month. Our designers are showcasing lots of gorgeous snowy projects.
As you hop along, please leave a comment on each blog. One random commenter will be selected on each blog to win an image of choice from the FTHS store.

If you have arrived here from Imke, you are in the right place. If you haven't, why don’t you start at the From the Heart Stamps blog, so you don’t miss anything. The full hop list is there too.

Here's my card...


I hadn't gotten around to using this image until now, and thought how cool it would look as a shaker card.
I like the end result, but I made a couple of mistakes whilst putting this together.

My first mistake was that I added all my foam pads to the top piece before remembering to glue down the acetate, and as i'd used the pads close to the edge of my aperture to contain the sequins within, I had to take them off again, this is where I tried to pull off the first pad and found out that it had stuck hard, ripping my image a little when I took it off. This is why I added the felt holly leaves, the tear is on the snowman's scarf, which I covered with one of the leaves. I eventually cut through the foam pads with a craft knife close to the card stock, glued down the acetate and then glued down / reused the pads i'd cut away.
Also, I'd originally printed the image twice, my intention was to layer an image beneath the snowman so that the fringing at the end of the scarf could still be seen. It wasn't until I'd put the card together and went to take the photo that I realised that I'd forgot to sponge the 'sky' around this 2nd image, instead sponging a background on a plain piece of white card stock.

But, mistakes aside, I do like how this card turned out, and I would make it again (without mistakes!)

Supplies:
Image: Snowman Greeting 
Colouring medium: Promarkers
Sentiment: Snowman Greeting
Die used: Quickutz holly leaves
Other supplies: white & orange card stock, acetate, sequins, flat back pearls, green felt.

I'd like to enter this card at:
I love Promarkers - anything goes
Penny's Paper Crafty - anything goes
Christmas Card Challenges - anything goes


Now, please head over to Karen's fabulous blog to see what she has made this time :)

I hope that you enjoy hopping with us today.
The hop will end on Monday, February 8th at 6am EST (11am UK time).
Winners will be posted on the From the Heart Stamps Blog on Wednesday, February 10th.
Good luck, and happy hopping! xx

41 comments:

  1. This is gorgeous Jo! What a great image for a shaker card - love it! Great colours too and the felt holly is a really sweet accent :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning how the snowman pops of your card. Great use of colors.
    Hugs,
    Kitty

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL - I'm a shaker challenged card maker too! They are tricky but I agree, love how it came out. Great choice for the 100 Snowman Project Hop. Great to be on the team with such a talented bunch.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderfull shaker card...he's watching the snowflakes falling...right?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful card, and the holly is great! Mistakes only embellish cards!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, Jo! I love the cleanness of it, which is not easily accomplished with a shaker! And you were right, this image is great as a shaker!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It does make a cool shaker card!! And I love how you colored/sponged the background in a gradient. No one would know you made any mistakes at all...this is super cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. This image is perfect for a shaker, love it. The blue and orange are so pretty together. I see no mistakes here, Jo, just your usual beautiful creation!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I make so few shaker cards that I always have to remind myself each time. I would never have noticed your "oopie" had you not pointed out. Seriously cute Jo

    ReplyDelete
  10. Perfect take with this Snowman image, Jo. Love shaker cards !!

    My new crafty home: My Crafty Place

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have yet to make a shaker card I'm pleased with, Jo. This is adorable & I really like the blue & orange color combo. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Jo, great save with the holly leaves! I've had to rethink many a card design when things didn't go quite as planned, so I applaud your ingenuity here! I just joined your blog and would love if you returned the favor! My blog is http://carriescustomcards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. great image to use for a shaker

    ReplyDelete
  14. This is cute, and we'd have never known you made even one mistake if you hadn't "confessed"! This is a great image!

    ReplyDelete
  15. This image certainly lends itself to becoming a super sweet shaker card:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I LOve your CAS card Jo!
    Well it looked it until I read about everything lol...
    I too LOve your design. FABulous colours. A sweet image and such pretty 'felt' holly.
    Chrissyxx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love your shaker card. That seems to be all the rage these days. What a fun thing for the holiday. Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just love the orange! It has become one of my favorite colors to work with.

    ReplyDelete
  19. WOW Jo this is awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Jo - it all looks intentional and it looks great! I love that you fussy cut out the inside of the image for a shaker card - CLEVER!! Thanks for the inspiration!!
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  21. Adorable!
    Thanks for playing with us at Christmas Card Challenges this week!
    Monica - CCC DT

    ReplyDelete
  22. Lovely, playful card! I like your design and coloring! And a shaker - great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I love the orange and blue for Christmas. I agree this image does make a cute shaker card. Super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  24. You covered your mistakes beautifully, and I'm fascinated by the unusual lshape of the opening for your shaker card.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Great card, and we have all had our own little "goofs" along the way, that's the beauty of card making, there is no right or wrong, just your creativity on paper. Thanks for sharing, it's great!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Cute card...he looks as if he were floating!

    ReplyDelete
  27. This image is great as s shaker card. Wonderful idea, Sarah W

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is so cute! I love shaker cards! This is a fun blog hop! I've been collecting a few of Faith's snowmen myself and I am enjoying this inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Jo, you make me laugh...this sounds exactly like me, but your creative opportunity turned out great! I love this guy as a shaker...a beautiful Christmas card!

    ReplyDelete
  30. Super shaker card.
    God bless,
    PeggyA

    ReplyDelete
  31. Sweet card and I like that you shared your process and mistakes! I think it turned out perfect!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. So cute- love the shaker card! Thank you for joining us at Penny's Paper-Crafty.
    Amy-DT

    ReplyDelete
  33. Hi Jo, love that I'm not the only one who has mistakes on their cards... I'm always told that you can't see it until pointed out, great job on the fiddly cutting out and a wonderful shaker card... Thank you for the giggles and your amazing inspiration... Megan

    ReplyDelete
  34. Oh, I can so relate to putting shaker cards together wrong. I have done it several times myself LOL! However, in the end you came up with a really nice one!

    ReplyDelete
  35. I did the exact same thing last weekend with a shaker card! I'm glad to know I'm not the only one...SO frustrating!! Anyhow, you recovered beautifully and we would have never known your secret! Gorgeous coloring!

    Brenda G.

    ReplyDelete
  36. Never thought to make this image into a shaker card! Shaker cards can be a bit frustrating (speaking from experience)but you came out with a beautiful card!!

    ReplyDelete
  37. Love the way you've used this stamp. Fab card!

    ReplyDelete
  38. Super cute Jo! I love this card, perfect for a shaker card too!!

    ReplyDelete
  39. oh what a fab idea love the sequins and fab colouring. off hopping

    ReplyDelete
  40. Love this!! So cute and such a neat layout, too!

    ReplyDelete