Thursday 7 February 2008

for my Mother...

I have just completed this card for my Mom, it's for Mothers day on March 2nd (early this year).
Over at Auntys, the team challenge for Feb is to use paint somewhere in your project.

This technique was first shown by Crissi, she did a fabulous card for her sons birthday, I followed her instructions and made one for my sons birthday too. I think this looks so effective, so I decided to use this technique for my moms card.
I started off by printing out a photo of a daffodil, I cut a piece of acetate to fit over the top then drew the outline of the flower with a permanent marker. I took away the photo and painted in the flower with acrylic paints on the reverse of the design so that the black marker still shows and you just see a coloured in flower as opposed to a mess lol.
I used my new purple cows paper cutter to make the paper ribbons and hand wrote 'Mother' with black pen then gold gel pen.

2 comments: