Saturday 10 April 2010

sweet stampin #21 - colour combo

I'm loving the colour combo this week over at Sweet Stampin, Emma has chosen a beautiful palette of 4 colours, although it is fine to use 3 if you'd prefer to ...



and here's my card...


I started with a bashful blue cardstock base, I cut a square of bella bleu DSP and used a perforating cutter on the 4 sides so it looked (sort of) like stitching, then took away the corners, stuck the paper down and added a pearl to each corner.
The rest was simple to do, the flowers are made using the 5 petal flower punch and the boho blossoms punch, I inked the edges of the flowers and assembled them together.
The sentiment is from the oval all stamp set and is punched out with the scalloped oval punch.
The leaves were also from a piece of DSP in the same collection using a woodware punch.

I have sent this card to Mrs A, thanking her for the beautiful gift that she sent to me,
She has already received the card and i'm delighted to say that she loved it! :)

For more outstanding creations, please go visit my sweet stampin DT members, links to their blogs can also be found in my sidebar >>>

Have a wonderful weekend, and I hope that the sun is shining wherever you are in the world :)

xxx

6 comments:

  1. It's such an elegant card Jo......love the small details!...I think I'm gonna lift it once (with your permission of course).....have a nice weekend and enjoy the nice weather!
    So glad you can use the template!
    xxx Margreet

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful acrd, it's just so pretty. x

    ReplyDelete
  3. ooooh how about that then 2 in one day! Of course you can lift it Margreet, what a compliment! thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good morning Jo, how are you keeping hunny? i hope you are well. Wow what a truly stunning card i just adore the papers and the colour combination. Your work is always amazing, have enjoyed catching up with your other makes too, all wonderful! I wish i had more time to blog hop and keep on top of things! there aren't enough hours in the day. Have a great week, hugs Linda x

    ReplyDelete