Saturday 6 November 2010

Leonie's DT week

It's my week off at Sketch Saturday this week, because it's the lovely Leonie's DT week :)
Leonie has a special treat this week too, not only because her equally talented sister Sandra has agreed to be our GD for the month of November, but also because her sponsor for this week is Art Journey and there are 3 prizes to win, so that's THREE winners this week! yay!

Here's my card using Leonie's lovely sketch...



I've used one of the new images from Pollycraft for my card. Isn't it a fab image? I love it, and will be using it lots.
It's called Tis The Season - Door if you want it for yourself :)
I coloured it in with my promarkers.
The red paper is from my SU ski slope collection. the white piece is obviously an embossed piece of white card. The 'bricks' were hand drawn and coloured.
Sentiment is hand written. Not sure if the photo picks it up well enough, but there is white flock beneath the door and 'bricks' to resemble soft snow.

I wanted to use this image mainly cos I loved it the moment I saw it, but also because it's one of a set of images that you could win if you take part in Team Fluff's 'inspiration photo' challenge over at Sweet Stampin this week.


To see more stunning examples, please go visit my friends and fellow DT members to see what they have made this week :)

Have a fab weekend xx

4 comments:

  1. Hi hunni this is just lushious I love those bricks you have drawn they are fabberoony. Hope you have a fab weekend.

    Lotsa hugs Vicky xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo! I just love your card! The white embossing looks great! The handmade bricks are beautiful! It's such an elegant card with that door! Love it! And when I read that you wrote the sentiment yourself... wow... When I try that, it always looks handwritten, your's is gorgeous!!

    Thanks so much for making this great card with my sketch!

    Have a great weekend!
    Leonie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. OHHHH MY GOODNESS Jo, what a fabulous job you did sweetie love your card and just what Leonie says your handmade bricks are great...w.owwwieee
    Hope you will have a fab weekend my sweet friend. Hugs Terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I love this one too. The snowflakes and brickwork look brilliant with the new image. Hope work is not too silly this weekend. xxx

    ReplyDelete