Friday 7 October 2011

For a pearl anniversary

I was also commissioned to make a card for a 30th wedding anniversary, using this image...


It's called 'wine and cheese' and is by Inkadinkado.
I've coloured it with promarkers but added a bit of extra depth here and there with some pencils too.
The papers are by Stampin Up (Bella Bleu) I used another paper from the same collection to punch out the flowers using my boho blossoms punch, a nellie snellen stamen punch and a woodware leaf punch. Of course I had to add flat backed pearls to the centre of the flowers didn't I? They add a lovely shimmer too.
The sentiment and '30' were both printed off the pc, but I have gone over the text with a clear glitter gel pen to add a bit of sparkle.
The centre border strip was made using a x-cut punch.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:
Allsorts - 5 flowers
Polka Doodles - handmade flowers

Thanks for looking xx

5 comments:

  1. WOW! This is just stunning and gorgeous! LOVE those pearls in the center of the flowers too. A beautiful card.
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really gorgeous!!! I love the image, and how you coordinated the pearls with the 30th anniversary! What a fabulous gift this card will be!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, so elegant!

    Lovely to see your work at Polka Doodles! Thanks for joining us!

    Greetings, Saskia :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pearls on these flowers.. just perfect!
    Thanks for sharing with us over @ polkadoodles this week. good luck !
    Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. A lovely card, thanks for joining in the Polka Doodles challenge.

    ReplyDelete