Monday 12 March 2012

A couple of cards.

Here's a couple of cards that i've made...
Emergency Crafters challenge. I found out about this new challenge blog via facebook, this is their first challenge and the theme is to use Red or Blue (or both)
Today happens to be my friend's hubby's bithday and his card happens to be mainly blue so I thought i'd show my support to this new blog and enter this card...


The metallic and soundwave papers are from my Kanban Male Backgrounds CD, This fabby image is called mini love and is from Sketching Stamper, although I had to alter it a little in my graphics program so that it would look like his own car (I have also put his reg number on the licence plate, but have gone back into my editing program and distorted that bit for this photo)
The sentiment is by Inkadinkado.

I'd also like to enter this card in the challenge over at Polka Doodles, Let's hear it for the boys!


And here's my other card...


This was a quickie make, The hilarious image was a freebie from Dustin Pike (thank you Dustin) I coloured it with promarkers, then assembled the card using a powder blue cardstock base, scraps of navy blue, grey and black cardstock and acetate (the windscreen, hard to see in the photo, sorry)
The sentiment is a SeeD's one.

I'm hoping that this card is eligible for the challenge over at Cards For Men, which has the theme 'Cheeky Chappies' the DT examples show cards that cause a giggle for a man.
Also for the challenge over at Digi Doodle Shop challenges which has a theme of Animals.

Thanks for looking xx

11 comments:

  1. Gorgeous card love your image and your papers. Thanks for joining us at CFM, good luck with the challenge. hugs Shirleyxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the second card with the splat cat. Made me smile. I needed that pick me up. Hugs Mrs A.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two great cards! Your friend will appreciate the personalized birthday card. Your second card is so fun - poor cat!

    ReplyDelete
  4. 2 fab cards ,love the cute cats expression ...great designs
    thanks for joining us at digi doodle shops challenge and good luck
    tracey x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jo, lol this made me smile, I love it! thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop Challenges.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous cards - perfect for a boy
    And the image from the first one is fab.
    Many thanks for joining us at Polka Doodles this week.
    Hugs
    Doreen

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this! What a creative way to use Dustin's image. My son is learning to drive so this card hit home for me. Cute!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Splat card is hilarious. Love the steering wheel. Thanks for joining us at Digi Doodle Shop this week. **Linda

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for joining us at Emergency Crafters, I just lurve minis, my all time favourite car. I also love the splatted cat! i look forward to seeing more of your ingenious makes. Jax

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! Lovely card! I love the colours and the layout!
    Thank you for joining us at Emergency Crafter! Hope to see you again soon!
    ~Lucy xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, two fabulous male cards. Love them both, but that screaming cat is hysterical. Thanks for joining us at Polka doodles.

    ReplyDelete