Tuesday 29 January 2013

on a roll...

Morning all, look at me? haven't posted so much for aaaaaages! and i'm here again with a few more cards I've made.
BTW, I'm so glad to see the back of all that snow, aren't you? or do you still have some?
We have rain today and the sky is overcast, so I apologise for the dull photos.

My first card is for the challenge over at Simply Less is More and uses their sketch, the image is called Flowers and Bumblebee and is by Heart Song Designs, I sponged the sky background with bashful blue SU ink before colouring the image with promarkers. I added a thin strip of card top and bottom and punched out the handwritten sentiment.


I'd also like to enter this card at Totally Gorjuss' challenge which is 'flowers'.

 **********************

This next card will be entered at the challenge over at Seize the Birthday, who also gave us a sketch to use for our layout, this time they want to see a feminine birthday card...


and on the inside i've handwritten "...it's your birthday"

This card was in fact my second attempt at the sketch (scroll down a little to see my first).
I used Mo Manning's oh so cute 'Two Jill' and coloured her with promarkers. I will also be entering this card in Mo's  DP2 challenge, which is 'emboss it with a Mo', I used my stylised flowers embossing folder on the pink piece behind the image.

I'd also like to enter this card at:
Top Tip Tuesday - layers
Creative Card Crew - girly
Pennys Paper Crafty - embossing

***********************

So this is the card I made with Seize the birthday's sketch before realising i'd made a Mother's Day card instead of a birthday card lol, no matter, it's a lovely sketch...


I won this Kenny K image along with 4 others over at the challenge at Totally Papercrafts last week "YAY!!"
How lucky am I eh? HUGE thanks to the Totally Papercrafts team and of course to Kenny K for my prize. This little beauty is called Happy Hour, and straight away I knew I wanted to use this for my Mom's card for Mother's Day which is March 10th this year.
I coloured her to (sort of) match the paper which are both from a set called Sew Pretty and were free in a craft mag.
'mom' was cut using Die-namics dies and the sentiment is handwritten.
The beautiful border edge to each side of the image is a cArt-Us die.

I'd like to enter this card over at:
Charisma Cardz - hearts and flowers
Crafty Calendar Challenge - 'New' (in my case, it's stash, the image, papers and border die are all new this week)

Hope you like, and thanks for stopping by today xx

14 comments:

  1. Hi Jo, wow, stunning cards! Great embossing too..I love my stylized flowers one and try to get as much use out of it. Have a super day! Ruby x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jo, ALL of these are great!!! Love the embossing on the 2nd card and that precious image. Wonderful cards.
    Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday too!
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful cards Jo, love them all.

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty cards! Thanks for playing along this week at Charisma….hope to see you next time too!
    Joyce xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card. Two Jill is adorable and I love your paper pieced dress.

    Thanks for getting girly with us at Creative Card Crew.

    Mari

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE your card Jo. So beautiful in its simplicity. Thanks for sharing with us at TG this week, hugs Sharon (DT)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gorgeous cards! Fab designs. Thank you for entering your Mothers Day card at Charisma Cardz this week. Its gorgeous. Good luck. Hugs, Jill x

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun cards!! You've been busy!! I especially love the Mo Manning card...this is one of my favorite Mo images!! Love the pink and lavender!! Thanks so much for joining us this week at Mo's! Hugs. Pat Frank

    ReplyDelete
  9. super cute cards! thanks for playing along at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a sweet LIM card!
    Thanks so much for joining us !
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was sooooo pleased to see the back of the snow. These are all gorgeous, love the paper piecing on the tird, but the first card has blown me away. xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. A great selection of gorgeous cards.

    Thank you for joining us this week at Charisma Cardz and good luck.

    Sarahx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Jo... love your lim card and your seize the birthday card!! thanks for joining us at both challenges

    Thanks for joining us this week!

    Jen xx
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, you've been so busy. these are all fab.
    Annette
    Netty's Cards
    Proud to design for Top Tip Tuesday.
    xx


    ReplyDelete