Tuesday 27 August 2013

Inspiration

I found this beautiful cd folder whilst on my tintynet travels.
The design inspired me to make this card for my Moms birthday this coming Saturday...




I've used Echo Park 'abundance' digi papers, I colour changed the houndstooth paper to blue as I wanted to back it to the floral patterned paper for the fold over, and blue looked better than orange because I wanted to use these pretty blue papermania material flowers.
I used 3 flower petals for each bloom and secured them with metal spacer beads and a brad. I arranged them with ivory mulberry roses and kraft punched leaves (woodware ash punch).
I paper pricked all around then dragged a white gel pen along the holes for some faux stitching.
I glued a crystal gem to another larger brad to secure the folded part.
'mom' is cut using dienamics 'by the letter' dies.

I'd like to enter this card at:
Crafty Catz - stitching (option of material)
Crafty Sentiments - make it girly

thanks for looking xx

UPDATE! YAY! i'm a winner, thank you Crafty Catz xx



9 comments:

  1. Ooh! Jo, this is so beautiful. Love it!

    Donna x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a neat idea Jo, LOVE this! :o)
    Hugs,
    Cazza
    x

    ReplyDelete
  3. So clever Jo, I love the idea! Your mam will love it! xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Incredible idea! Love how the flowers are flowing out! Thanks for sharing with us at Crafty Sentiments!
    Jackie W
    SchoolinandScrappin
    Crafty Sentiments
    Crafty Sentiments Inspirations

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous card, love the design and those lowers are so pretty 'spilling' out of your card, thanks for joining us Crafty Sentiments and Crafty Catz hi week, Jac x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a beautiful card. Love how you designed the layout. Love those flowers. Great entry for our challenge over at Crafty Catz. Hugs Nina

    ReplyDelete
  7. fab carrd and thanks for sharing at Crafty Catz and Crafty Sentiments

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's so beautiful.

    Thanks for sharing it at Crafty Sentiments this week.

    Susan x

    ReplyDelete
  9. fantastic card, love that design! Thanks for joining us at CraftyCatz! Kim x

    ReplyDelete