Tuesday 17 December 2013

An assembly line

My husband needed 10 christmas cards asap!
So I printed out some Cute Santa images from DigiStamp Boutique (there's also a recent facebook freebie in there too), then I got my craft on, and so, a little over an hour later, I emerge with these...



To speed things up, I had to keep to a simple design, but then I think that the simple design showcases the images really well.
They were coloured simply with promarkers, and layered using a kraft shimmer paper and patterned papers from Dovecraft's back to basics vintage christmas paper stack.
The sentiments were computer generated and then punched out using my word window punch from Stampin Up.
I got an assembly line going, which is such a quick way to make cards. I did all the colouring first, then cut and layered my papers, punched out my greetings, and then finally, I glued everything into place one step at a time. Job done. Except now he wants ME to write them out because my handwriting is neater than his! well ok, but HE can lick the envelopes ;)

I'd like to enter these cards at:
DigiStamp Boutique - December challenge
Crafty Hazelnuts Christmas Extra - anything goes
Crafty Catz - anything goes
Sweet Stampin - last minute christmas

Hope you have a great day xx

6 comments:

  1. These are gorgeous...
    Thanks for sharing with us at CraftyCatz this week..x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great set of cards. Thanks for sharing it with us at Crafty Catz this week. Naomi x

    ReplyDelete
  3. what fab cards and a great idea for making a quick batch of cards. Gail

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are fab! An hour? That's amazing. Hope he appreciated it! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such cute 'last minute' Christmas cards and perfect for our challenge this week. Thank you for sharing and joining in with the fun at Sweet Stampin’ this week and good luck. Hugs Janine xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for entering this lovely set of cards for my CHNC challenge extra for December - hope to see you again soon. x

    ReplyDelete