Wednesday 19 March 2014

Birdbrain Graduate

I'm here with a new Birdbrain, well actually there's 2 new ones, and you can get one of them for free when you buy any other digi image. Details HERE.
I combined my Birdbrain image with the new sketch over at From The Heart...

http://fromtheheartstamps.com/community/2014/03/17/i-heart-card-sketches-w-a-twist-no-58/


And here is my card using this sketch, as you can see I've rotated it...


This image is Birdbrain Graduate. I tried to stay as monochromatic as I could, but added the splash of deep yellow for a contrast. The sentiment is one of five that you get free with the image :)
The dotty paper is by Lawn Fawn (Peace, Joy, Love).
I didn't have any dark grey or black pieces of card long enough to go diagonally across this card so I inked up a white piece with a Basic Gray inkpad from SU, and then layered that onto another piece that had the edges coloured with the same promarker that I used in the image.
There's room at the top of this card to add the recipient's name before giving it to them.

I'd like to enter this card at:
From The Heart - I {heart} sketches #58
Dynamic Duos - Black and Mustard Yellow
Passion for Promarkers - Monochrome
Digi Galore - Anything goes

8 comments:

  1. Love that Chicken!! I'm a chicken lover, chicken kitchen, chicken figurines even my SU business is chicken themed with my name-Robyn's Roost.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is fantastic - I think your attempt at monochrome is awesome!! Great coloring and I love how you created your papers - nice take on the sketch!! Thanks for joining this week's FTHS sketch challenge!
    Lyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. AWESOME job on the sketch and the twist as well !! I think you did a wonderful job. Thanks for joining us at From The Heart Stamps!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous graduation card. Love the cute chicken and great coloring. Thanks for joining us at the Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fab, funny card! Great colours too xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great take on all the challenges! Love your coloring skill, too! Got to start thinking of graduation cards! TFS this fun one with the Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Jo, what a gorgeous card. I love the adorable image and your colouring is perfect. Thanks for joining us at PFP this week. Hugs, Denise x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great card!! Thanks for joining us at PFP this week and good luck :)
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete