Thursday 20 March 2014

Dorothea

We have inspirational cards to show you this week over at Little Miss Muffet.
I decided that I wanted to use some texture this week, so I chose to use one of  the Jr Hatter images released a couple of weeks ago because the character is holding a cuddly toy.
This is Jr Hatter Dorothea...


Can you guess what movie I thought of when I first saw this image? lol
Originally, I wanted to keep Dorothea's little stuffed horse, white, and I wanted to draw a horn on it's head too! ;)

My daughter has a dolls house that she's gradually decorating room by room, and a while back she gave me some pieces of sticky backed 'carpet' that she had left over.
I thought it was about time I used some of it and Dorothea's little friend made me think that using an image with a cuddly toy on it would go perfectly with using some of this carpet.
I used a scalloped circle die to cut out the piece behind Dorothea, oooh it's really soft :)
I put the carpet over top of the card base, which had been embossed with a Cuttlebug Heritage folder first, then added the Stampin Up 'Sweet Always' paper strips at the bottom of the card, i'm guessing that this dsp has been discontinued now, as I bought mine years ago. I'm using strips here taken from my scraps tub.
Once I had the layout finished and had cut out Dorothea, I realised that a sandy coloured horse would look better than a white unicorn so that the carpet ties in with the card's design a little better (Emma didn't have any white carpet, or else it would definately have become a unicorn). So I got out my promarkers to colour it in.
The sentiment, as you probably guessed, is computer generated.

Thanks for looking, please check out what the other Little Misses have made by visiting our blog and our Facebook group too.
If you want to join in our current challenge which is Doilies and Lace, please click HERE. You have until Tuesday to enter.

3 comments:

  1. Baa-naaaaaaaaaaaaan-naaaaaaaaaaaa! I so know who you mean! Fab card, I am loving all the pink. Hope your parents have a very happy anniversary today xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. At some point i'm definately colouring that horse as a unicorn ;)
      Thank you hunni xx

      Delete
  2. Adorable card Jo and so pretty in pink. The texture on your card is really tactile and makes me want to reach through the computer to touch it lol! :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete