Monday 10 March 2014

Pig out!

There's a new sketch challenge today over at the From The Heart blog...

http://fromtheheartstamps.com/community/2014/03/10/i-heart-card-sketches-w-a-twist-no-57/


I've been meaning to use Hamlet PigWit Pig Out since I bought him last month, and he's been sitting on my desk coloured up, all ready to go on a card. I liked the idea of the sketch's twist being dry embossing, and I have a new folder that has swirls, perfect to give the impression of piped buttercream. Mmmm!
Here's my card...


The swirly embossing folder that I mentioned is from a pack of 4 folders by Cuttlebug (Heritage Companions set)
The striped paper is by Paper Cellar (wedding collection)
I stamped the birthday greeting from SU's Fun & Fast Notes stamp set, and used my SU eyelet border punch to make the pretty edge.

As well as the I (heart} sketches challenge, I'd like to enter Hamlet at:
Cute Card Thursday - what a gem
Totally Papercrafts - female birthday

I have another Hamlet card to show you, watch this space! ;)

4 comments:

  1. Jo, this is super cute. I like how the ear looks over the edges. Awesome coloring and fabulous take with the sketch AND tWisT !

    Thanks for joining us @ From the Heart Stamps !!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hamlet is a cute pig. Lovely card. Thanks for joining in at Totally Papercrafts. Cheers Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am drooling over your card Jo!!! Perfect embossing folder for the image too!!! Thank you so much for joining us this week at FTH Skecth Challenge w/ a tWiSt!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jo, Love, Love how you colored Hamlet. Love your use of the of embossing folder - great take on this week's sketch too! I really like how you added the sentiment to the border - great idea! Thank you so much for sharing your creativity with us at FTHS Sketch Challenge with a Twist! Dee

    ReplyDelete