Monday 25 August 2014

WISH BIG!

Monday rolls around again, but don't get the Monday Blues, we have another I {heart}sketches challenge to start your week off with a smile :)

here's the sketch , #77...


This week's twist: Flower Power

Join in the challenge, and EVERYONE who plays will receive a $1 discount code for the store, and if you are the challenge winner, you will receive a $5 discount code to the store! :)
Remember though, you must use an image by From The Heart Stamps to be eligible, and please include a pic of the sketch in your blog post too.

Don't forget to tell your crafty friends, let's see those entries :)

Here's my card, and I did get a flower on there...


This fabulous image is Birthday Burger Birdbrain, coloured with promarkers.
I've used one of FOUR bonus sentiments that you also get when you buy it.

The striped paper is by Papermania (capsule collection/spots & stripes/jewels) and the grey circle behind the image is a scrap of Paper Pizazz cardstock by HOTP.

I originally thought i'd just use the sketch, as I reeeeally wanted to use this image, and as I'd also planned on making this card for a man, I don't normally use flowers on masculine cards. Remember, you don't have to use the twist if you don't want to.
However, I happened to glance across to my flowers and there looking back at me out of its clear plastic tube, was a lime green mulberry flower, and I thought...lettuce!
I duffed up the edges of the flower slightly, and gave them a light sponging in a slightly darker green ink. I then cut a square of yellow 'cheese', glued it onto the 'lettuce' and placed the sentiment next to my embellishment. It was missing something, lettuce and cheese need tomato, right? but I didn't just want to punch a red circle, I wanted it to look as though it had seeds in the tomato slice, so I grabbed my markers and drew on to the punched circle. It doesn't look as it looked in my head lol, but I s'pose you can tell that it's a tomato slice.

I'd like to enter this card at:
That's Crafty -  this is a man's world
The Male Room - seeing stars (hope it's ok that I just used 2 small punched stars?)
Sister Act - anything goes
A Random Fan - anything goes

PLEASE NOTE:
This challenge will run for almost 2 weeks as we are still in our summer schedule, and will close on Sunday, September 7th, at 10PM CST (4am Monday, August 11th, UK time).
Our next sketch challenge will start on September 8th, where we will go back to our weekly challenge schedule.
Oh, and don't forget to join us for our September Blog Hop on Friday the 5th, it's going to be all about the Birdbrains don'cha know! ;)

Join us on Facebook and “Like” our page to see sneak peeks of the next sketch.
We'd also love it if you'd join our Facebook Group too, this new group makes it easier for you to share pics of your FTH makes, and there will also be challenges posted there too :)

Happy Crafting! xx

4 comments:

  1. What a fabulous card, Jo !! The lettuce, cheese and tomato makes me smile. Super great idea !!! And i think i´ve never seen the birds in grey. Thanks for the Inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a fabulous image - perfectly coloured. It really made me smile. thanks so much for playing along with The Male Room!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Jo - fabulous use of colour

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great burger! Good thing I've just eaten or it would make me feel hungry! Thank you for joining us in The Male Room.

    ReplyDelete