Friday 20 March 2015

A Golden day...

Today is my parents' golden wedding anniversary :)
50 years married, and they haven't gotten fed up of each other yet! haha!!

I made a cake for them, Date & Walnut, their fave...


They aren't big fondant fans, so I only covered the top, choosing to wrap the sides with white card and gold organza to pretty it up a little.

And here's the card that I made...


I've used dies from Spellbinders Nestabilities Decorative Elements 'Elegant Ovals', '50'  and '&' were cut using dies from Die-namics By The Number & By The Letter sets, and 'mum' and 'dad' were both cut using word dies by Clearly Besotted Stamps.
The patterned paper is from My Mind's Eye, Stella & Rose, Hattie pad, and the flowers are all from The Ribbon Girl.

I'd like to enter this card at:
Sister Act  - Anything goes
Crafts Galore - Anything goes

2 comments:

  1. You did awesome and I never thought of dressing up a cake like that - what a cool idea!!! Also - congratulations on your parents 50 years!! Awesome!! You are lucky to have them both here to celebrate with!!! Have a wonderful weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jo, a beautiful card and a very yummy looking cake! I'm sure your parents will be thrilled with both!

    ReplyDelete