Monday 9 March 2015

For Dad's birthday.

A few weeks ago, whilst browsing through Pinterest, I saw a card that made me giggle, but like a fool I didn't re-pin it, the design was simple enough to remember though.
I thought it would be funny for my Dad's birthday card this year...



I glued papers from Kanban's Male Backgrounds CD onto kraft cardstock, then tore the corner of the front of the card, then used yellow, brown and dark grey inks to sponge the torn edge so that it would look as though it had been burnt.
The candles are scraps of paper rolled up, then I glued the 'flames' to the top of each candle, which were die cut using the medium sized leaf from Die-namics 'Flower & Leaf trio' die.
'DAD' is also die cut, using Die-namics 'By the Letter' dies.
The sentiment is computer generated.

I'm entering this card at:
Sister Act - anything goes
Craft Your Passion - anything goes


And this is a card made for my Son to give his Grandad...


I've used Chap Snoozing from DigiStamp Boutique, and coloured with promarkers.
I actually embossed the background with a sweet/candy embossing folder, but it's lost with the patterned paper and image covering most of the card front. (The paper is by Bazzill Basics, from the Dino-mite pad). The bottom edge of the 'not quite navy' piece was made using my old SU spiral punch.
The sentiment is computer generated, and the stars are from my stash.

I'd like to enter this card at:
DigiStamp Boutique - March customer competition
Creative Inspirations - something old (my SU spiral punch)

Thanks for stopping by today :) xx

8 comments:

  1. This is hilarious! What a brilliant design and put together perfectly, love it. Thanks for sharing at Craft Your Passion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What great cards, love the burnt corner in the first one.
    luv
    Debby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely Gorgeous sweetie :0) huggles Pops x x

    ReplyDelete
  4. such great cards!
    Thanks for playing along in the Sister Act Card Challenge.
    Hugs,
    Natalie
    INKognito

    ReplyDelete
  5. :-) :-)) gorgeous card!!! I love It! The image is adorable!!!
    Thank you for joining us at Creative inspirations!
    Hugs, Barbara GR

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I absolutely adore your design on your candle card. What fun. I'm going to have to scrap-lift it!! Thank you for sharing at Craft Your Passion challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jo these are two cracking cards, the top one is such a fab idea, absolutely love it. Jo x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fun, humorous cards for you to share!! Awesome styling and design on both and love the candles burning up the paper!! Fantastic - such great cards!!!

    ReplyDelete