Saturday 20 February 2016

Stamping florals

Last week I treated myself to 2 new stamp sets, well actually one of the sets was an old set by Stampin Up that i've always wanted & I found it for sale on ebay and just had to buy it while I had the chance.
The other set is a new by Altenew, called Vintage Roses. I've been dying to get my inky mitts on this set, it sells out so quickly. Infact, it's out of stock now from where I bought mine.

First the Stampin Up card, the set is called Vintage Vogue...


I die cut the card base using the largest die from Spellbinders Timeless Rectangles set.
I stamped and cut out the flowers and leaves as I wanted the card to have a little dimension.
I used some old SU inks, lavender lace & mellow moss.
'friend' was cut using a word die by Clearly Besotted, and I finished the card with some sequins for a bit more texture and added sparkle.
This card is for a friend who will celebrate her birthday on Thursday.

I'm entering this card at:
Craft Your Passion - anything goes
Less is more - add some texture
Sweet Stampin - glitter & sparkle


and here is the Altenew card...


I kept this one simple too, again, using old SU inks. This time I used pretty in pink, regal rose, bravo burgundy, mellow moss, & always artichoke. I used pastel beige & satin promarkers to colour around the stamped images.
The sentiment is by Clearly Besotted, and was from a free set in a craft mag.
I added a bit of wink of stella (clear) to the roses after they had dried, which I know is always hard to capture in a photo, but looks so lovely in real life.
I die cut the dotty border using a die from Paper Smooches Dots & Dashes die set.
Simply layered with pink card stock, another piece of card stock coloured with bravo burgundy ink, and then glued to a card front.
I'm giving this card to my friend's mother, who also celebrates her birthday on Thursday.

I'm entering this card at:
The Ribbon Girl - February card challenge
Brown Sugar Challenges - anything goes
Allsorts - birthday wishes


Thanks for looking, have a great weekend :) xx

23 comments:

  1. Two fab makes, loving your LIM. I keep looking at these multi layered stamps and admiring the work of those using them, maybe it's time to spend!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty card for the LIM challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh love the roses on your 2nd card
    Cheers
    Dr Sonia

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous cards Jo. Enjoy the weekend!

    Love and hugs
    Maarit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Both cards are simply beautiful! Thanks for sharing!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely on the pair of cards...Thanks for sharing it with Brown Sugar Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What lovely cards, with such delicate colours too!
    Thanks so much for joining us at Less is More
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Jo, both cards are so pretty and delicate. I have this Altenew set and have to say, you have just inspired me to get it out again! Beautifully designed cards, lucky friends.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two beautiful cards Jo. Love the stamps used on the top one.
    Both cards are so feminine.
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Two lovely and very effective cards. Great choice of colours!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Two really lovely cards and I love that rose stamp and the mottled background.
    Thank you for joining our Birthday Wishes challenge this week at Allsorts.

    Kath

    ReplyDelete
  12. Both cards are simply beautiful.
    Thanks for joining us at Craft your passion challenges.
    Happy crafting! Catherine
    ( DT ) x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Very pretty cards!
    Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Ribbon Girl challenge! xoxo t.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Both cards are pretty but the second is my favorite, Jo ! I like the look of the multilayered stamps.

    My new crafty Home: My Crafty Place

    ReplyDelete
  15. A perfect Birthday card for our theme this week Jo, many thanks for joining in at Allsorts challenge.

    B x

    ReplyDelete
  16. A Lovely card. Thank you for showing us this week at SWEET STAMPIN'. Debbie X

    ReplyDelete
  17. Jo, these are both so incredibly clever! Really pretty cards and lovely stamping. Gorgeous frame on that top one. Thanks for joining in the fun with the Sweet Stampin' girls this week, so glad you did. Hugs, Wends x Sweet Stampin' DT

    ReplyDelete
  18. Absolutely wonderful cards--pieces of art, in fact! Love the delicate nature of your designs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Super pretty and elegant texture, thanks so much for playing along this week!
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  20. What a lovely pair of cards Jo. Your roses appeal most to me as being a touch more CAS :)
    Thanks so much for joining us for one layer week
    Anne
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  21. These are beautiful Jo! Looks like you're a master of Altenew's layering stamps! This set is gorgeous! I've just bought the Painted Flowers set and personally found it easier to use after downloading the cheat sheet from the Altenew website! I've had a little play with it but not made a card yet! I'll look forward to see what other master-pieces you create with these beautiful stamps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Painted Flowers is a lovely set, and one I may get at some point. Looking forward to seeing what you make too! :) xx

      Delete
  22. These are such a beautiful and elegant cards, I love the frame you've used around your first card, it's so pretty. Thank you for sharing your card and joining in with the fun at Sweet Stampin’ this week and good luck. Hugs Janine xx

    ReplyDelete