Tuesday 30 August 2016

Wedding shaker card.

A wedding shaker card


After making the top layer, I cut out a large heart and edged it with a scalloped heart frame.
I glued some clear acetate to the back of this, then glued foam up to & around the outside edges of this heart to create the shaker section in the middle. I die cut a couple of Heart of Hearts so that I could use the smaller pieces in the shaker along with some teeny stars too. I glued the patterned paper to this to enclose the shaker element, then glued the whole piece to a card blank. I finished by gluing 'Mr & Mrs' to the clear window.

Supplies:
'Decadent Damask' embossing folder and 'Mr & Mrs' die - Sara Davies' Signature Collection, Together Forever.
Patterned papers - Raspberry Road Designs (Mr & Mrs set).
Scalloped heart die - Marianne die CR1225
'shaker' hearts - Impression Obsession 'Heart of Hearts' die.
Teeny acetate sequin stars.

I'd like to enter this card at:
Simon Says Stamp (wednesday challenge)- it's hip to be square
Die Cuttin Divas - anything goes
As You Like It - favourite card base and why : 6" square card base, because it's a good size card and I can get 2 cards out of one sheet of 12x12 card stock.

Save

6 comments:

  1. A very elegant card. Love the shaker idea. Thanks for joining AYLI challenge. Elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. How fun! This will be treasured! Love the embossing, the pretty pattern inside the heart, and the silver heart frame! Thanks for playing with us in our square theme at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so beautiful, Jo ! I totally like the Mr.and Mrs. Die cut !

    Imke ~ My Crafty Place

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely elegant card with the added bonus of being a fun shaker too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. a beautiful and fun card. Thanks for playing with us at Die Cuttin' Divas.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful shaker card!
    Thanks for joining us at Die Cuttin' Divas this week!

    ReplyDelete