Wednesday 24 August 2016

Whisky chicks

Hello friends,
It's time for a little mid-week inspiration for From The Heart Stamps.
And this time i've merged 2 images from different sets, just the birdbrains from Martini Chicks, and the wine glass from Photo Ham PigWit...


Martini Chicks    Photo Ham PigWit

And here's my card...


I started by opening the wine glass png image (transparent image) into my paint program on the computer. I rotated the image to make it vertical, then copied it 2 more times so that I had 3 glasses clustered together. I erased the glass stems so that I just had the main glasses parts together.
I opened up the wf.png image (white-filled transparent image) from Martini Chicks and pasted the image on a new layer over top of the glasses. I erased the martini glasses from around the birds, leaving me to adjust the bird layer to get it to sit right with the glasses behind.
I added the sentiment above the images, typing my own version of the one in the set by changing the word 'Martini' to 'Grouse', as the recipient of this card drinks Famous Grouse whisky.
Finally, I merged the layers and printed it out to colour with my promarkers.
The patterned paper is by Doodlebug (Sugar Shoppe), and I framed it with SU's eyelet border punch with cerise card stock. I used the same card stock to die cut her name CAL (Carole) which I brushed afterwards with a clear glitter brush pen.
'happy birthday' was stamped using SU's Bring on the Cake stamp set.


Don't forget there's still time to join in our current sketch challenge. You can take your pick of 4 sketches provided.
At the moment, we are playing just for fun until Faith is fully recovered.
We would still love it if you'd continue to join in each week though, after all, crafting is indeed, fun!

1 comment:

  1. What clever altering... And a fabulous card, Jo x

    ReplyDelete